This unit covers knowledge, skills and application skills to appraised status of business, devise business strategy, develop business plan, communicate, implement as well as monitor its implementation.
LU 1: Appraise status of business in accordance with organizational goals and objectives
LU 2: Devise business strategy to meet organizational goals and objectives
LU 3: Develop business plan in accordance with business strategy
LU 4: Communicate key components of business plan to relevant stakeholders
LU 5: Implement business plan in accordance with organisational policies and / or procedures
LU 6: Monitor implementation of business plan in accordance with organizational goals and objectives
Mode of Instruction
This 34-hour course uses:
• Mini lectures - to succinctly explain the concepts and theories.
• Interactive activities - Group discussions on knowledge and procedural process.
• Group and individual exercises for practical activities including role-plays.
• Independent learning sessions to practice skills and evaluate own progress based on case-studies and games.
• Mutual sharing and feedback on performance through all formal and informal learning activities and games.
Trainer-Student Ratio - 1:20
Upon successful completion of the course and passing all assessments, participant will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SSG..
The main target audience is managerial staff from the tourism industry sectors. The jobrole(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include:
• Attraction Operation Manager
• Marketing Manager
• Sponsorship Manager
• Other Managerial roles in the Tourism industry may be considered