On completion of this unit, participants would have learnt the knowledge and application skills needed to direct market research. This includes knowing how to develop market research policies and procedures, select and manage external consultants, guide market research activities, as well as evaluate and incorporate research findings for strategy development and business planning
1. Develop market research policies and procedures to guide market research plans.
2. Select and manage external consultants to conduct market research activities.
3. Guide market research activities to meet market research study objectives, if necessary.
4. Evaluate research findings and incorporate them into strategy development and business planning.
2.5 days (Full-Time), 1.5 weeks (Part-Time)
Mode of Instruction
This 20-hours course uses:
• Mini lectures - to succinctly explain the concepts and theories
• Interactive activities - Group discussions on knowledge and procedural process
• Group and individual exercises for practical activities including role-plays
• Independent learning sessions to practice skills and evaluate own progress based on case-studies and games
• Mutual sharing and feedback on performance through all formal and informal learning activities and games
Trainer-Student Ratio - 1:20
Upon successful completion of the course and passing all assessments, participant will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SSG.
The main target audience is Managerial staff from the tourism industry sectors. The job role(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include:
• Sales Director
• Business Development Director
• Sponsorship Director
• Marketing Director
• Other Managerial roles in the Tourism industry may be considered
Please click on the button below to register your interest.