On completion of this unit, participants would have learnt the essential and practical knowledge of the tourism landscape in Singapore and the important role government tourism-related agencies play in tourism promotion. Participants will also learn how to identify emerging trends and threats and monitor changes in consumer demand.
1. Describe tourism landscape in Singapore.
2. Identify the roles of Government.
3. Identify emerging trends and threats in tourism industry.
4. Monitor changes in consumer demand.
Mode of Instruction
This 22-hours course uses:
• Mini lectures - to succinctly explain the concepts and theories.
• Interactive activities - Group discussions on knowledge and procedural process.
• Group and individual exercises for practical activities including role-plays.
• Independent learning sessions to practice skills and evaluate own progress based on case-studies and games.
• Mutual sharing and feedback on performance through all formal and informal learning activities and games.
Trainer-Student Ratio - 1:20
Upon successful completion of the course and passing all assessments, participant will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SSG.
The main target audience are operational and/or entry level staff from the tourism industry sectors. The job role(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include:
• Operation Crew
• Admission and Ticketing Crew
• Membership Crew
• Guest Service Crew
• Assistant Education and Programme Executive
• Assistant Marketing/ Sponsorship Executive
• Other operational roles in the Tourism industry may be considered
Please click on the button below to register your interest.