This unit covers knowledge, skills and application skills in managing training. It specifies the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to conduct training needs assessment, design, develop and implement training plans as well as to evaluate training effectiveness.
LU 1: Conduct training needs assessment and analysis in accordance with business goals and objectives
LU 2: Design training plan in accordance with identified training needs
LU 3: Develop training materials to support training plan
LU 4: Implement training plan within established timelines and budget
LU 5: Conduct evaluation of training effectiveness in accordance with training evaluation guidelines
Mode of Instruction
This 24-hour course uses:
• Mini lectures - to succinctly explain the concepts and theories
• Interactive activities - Group discussions on knowledge and procedural process.
• Group and individual exercises for practical activities including role-plays.
• Independent learning sessions to practice skills and evaluate own progress based on case-studies and games.
• Mutual sharing and feedback on performance through all formal and informal learning activities and games.
Trainer-Student Ratio - 1:20
Upon successful completion of the course and passing all assessments, participant will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SSG.
The main target audience is service staff from the tourism industry sectors. The job role(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include:
• Attraction Operation Manager
• Travel Account Manager
• Travel Operation Manager
• Event Services Manager
• Other Managerial roles in the Tourism industry may be considered