This unit covers knowledge and application skills required in managing visitor services. It consists of learning units to analyse
visitor trends, develop and manage visitor services, monitor quality of service delivery and staff performance as well as taking actions to improve services.
LU1: Analyse visitor trends to Singapore
LU2: Develop visitor services in response to visitor trends and in accordance with business goals and objectives
LU3: Perform managing of visitor and information services in accordance with established service standards and guidelines for visitor services
LU4: Monitor quality of service delivery and staff performance in accordance with established timelines and schedule
LU5: Communicate action to improve services in accordance with analysed results from customers’ feedback
22 hours (includes 4 hours e-learning)
3 days (Full-Time), 2 weeks (Part-Time)
Mode of Instruction
This 22-hour course uses:
• Mini lectures - to succinctly explain the concepts and theories
• Interactive activities - group discussions on knowledge and procedural process.
• Group and individual exercises for practical activities including role-plays.
• Independent learning sessions to practice skills and evaluate own progress based on case-studies and games.
• Mutual sharing and feedback on performance through all formal and informal learning activities and games.
Trainer-Student Ratio - 1:20
Upon successful completion of the course and passing all assessments, participant will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SSG.
The main target audience are service staff from the tourism industry sectors. The job role(s)/occupations that this unit would be relevant to may include:
• Supervisory or Managerial position in the Tourism industry