Recognition of Prior Learning Consultancy
Currently, RPLC caters ONLY to company-sponsored employees in the tourism, hospitality and F&B industries.
Who we are
Recognition of Prior Learning Consultancy (RPLC) is the first dedicated RPL centre in Singapore catering to the needs of Professionals, Managers and Executives from the tourism and food & beverage industries. It was established in partnership with the Singapore Workforce Development Agency.
What is RPL about?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the first of its kind in Singapore to recognise skills gained through work experience in the tourism and food and beverage industries by awarding the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ).
RPL is flexible, effective and practical so as to meet the training needs of busy professionals who do not have the time for classroom training.
No examinations are required for this RPL model. Participants are assessed through work-based projects, written assignments, role plays and oral questioning. Professionals, Managers and Executives in the tourism and food and beverage industries can now gain nationally recognised qualifications through this unique assessment model.
Key Features of the RPL Model
- INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT PATHWAY which recognises participants’ acquired experience, upgrades existing skills and addresses gaps in skills and knowledge
- FAST-TRACK LEARNING and DEVELOPMENT focusing on practical skills and knowledge ascompared to traditional classroom training
- WORKSHOPS and ON-SITE ASSESSMENT conveniently conducted in participants’ work environment
- CUSTOMISED WORK-BASED PROJECTS for each participant according to individual needs
If you are an employee, here is how RPL can help you realise your dreams:
- No classroom training. Workshops entirely customised to your needs
- Practical learning which you can apply at work
- Gain new skills in relevant areas where there are gaps
If you are an employer, this is how RPL can improve your workplace:
- Minimal disruption to operations - employees are assessed and trained in their very own working environment
- Meet changing industry and workplace demands with up-to-date and relevant training
- Improve staff retention with expanded career development paths for trained employees
Who should enrol?
Contact us if you are:
- Interested in gaining recognition for your work experience
- Keen to upgrade your skills and identify your training gaps
- Currently working in the tourism and food and beverage industries
What do you get?
- Enjoy 90% funding for Singaporeans and PRs taking the WSQ Advanced Certificateprogramme
- Enjoy 70% funding for Singaporeans and PRs taking the WSQ Diploma programme
- Upon successful completion, receive a nationally recognised WSQ certification Singaporeans who attain the WSQ Diploma or WSQ Advanced Certificate for the first time after 1 March 2011 will be eligible for the CET Qualification Award of $1,000 or $200 respectively.
Call us today for a consultation at Tel: 6238-8688 or Email: email@example.com
Tourism Management Institute of Singapore
11 Eunos Road 8 #05-02 Lifelong Learning Institute Singapore 408601